The new year gives us the opportunity for a fresh start. It’s the season for goal-setting and resolutions. It’s also a good time to ask yourself, “What could go wrong this year?” and “How would my insurance company respond if the worst scenario occurred?”
Reflect on the happenings of the past year and evaluate your insurance policies to guarantee you’re covered in the coming year. Consider your family, business, property, home, health, vehicle, etc. A lot can change over the course of a year, and sometimes those changes may impact your insurance coverage. Here are a few items to asses to ensure you’re covered in 2019:
- Health insurance: Did you recently enroll or change your health insurance? Make sure you have your new insurance cards and before you visit a doctor and verify that they are in your provider network.
- Life insurance coverage: Major life changes, such as a birth, divorce, remarriage or even a new mortgage or new job, are indicators that you might need to make changes to your life insurance policy.
- Homeowner’s insurance: Take account of your assets with a detailed home inventory. This is the best way to determine the appropriate level of coverage needed. It’s also a good idea to know your deductible amounts and check to see if you’re eligible for any discounts.
- Auto insurance: Driving underinsured is not a good way to enter the new year. Examine your deductibles for comprehensive and collision coverage. Talk with your agent to determine how raising or lowering this amount would affect your premium.
- Commercial coverage: Take inventory of your business. Be sure you have coverage for all locations and aspects of your business. If you’ve purchased new real estate or equipment, added new operations, expanded your online presence or made any other drastic business changes in the past year, be sure your insurance agent is aware.
The Prewitt Group is committed to mitigating risk by understanding your needs and delivering customized services to fit those needs. We would be happy to meet with you and discuss strategies that will empower you and/or your company in fulfilling insurance needs for the new year. Contact us today!