The beauty of a real tree is unmatched and a sign of the coming holiday fun. A few tips to keep you and your home safe will ensure the holiday season is a happy one.
- Watering your tree daily to prevent drying is important, they become a fire hazard when dried out.
- Always turn off lights before going to sleep for the night or leaving your home.
- Make sure strands of lights are free from damage.
- Never light candles on a tree and be sure that candles in your home are a safe distance away from the tree as well.
- Lights add magic, but should only be used as directed for indoor or outdoor use. Check the packaging or label.
- Keep your tree away from all exits in your home, it’s the safest way to enjoy them.
- Check with your community for disposal options after the holiday.
Keep your holiday mishap free by following tips and fire safety guidelines.