As we approach 2023, it’s time to take a step back and make sure that all of your insurance needs are being met and that you will not be hit with any unforeseen issues. For nearly 49 years, The Prewitt Group’s mission has been to expertly handle all of your risk management needs, whether personal or professional, with the utmost attention to detail and comprehensive protection from anticipated risk. The following checklist will help you evaluate your current coverage as well as what adjustments need to be addressed for 2023:
1. Assess Your Policies and Coverage – Take time to assess your current coverage and make sure it’s current and provides all that you need for you, your family or your employees. It’s also a good idea to review your policies with your risk consultant to ensure you have the coverage you need should you have to file a claim. Your consultant will also offer guidance on policy changes and review what’s new in the upcoming year.
2. Check Your Health Insurance Policy- The end of the year offers the opportunity for you to make adjustments to your current health coverage plans. Check to make sure that if you have recently made changes, you are aware of any changes in your plan’s coverage.
3. Check Your Life Insurance Policy– Have you recently changed your status? If you have recently gotten married, divorced, had a child, taken out a mortgage or changed jobs, you will need to review your life insurance coverage and make appropriate updates based on your current status.
4. Check Your Auto Insurance Policy- Check your auto insurance policies to ensure that you have the appropriate coverage. Take note of your policy’s comprehensive and collision coverage. Make sure you are not underinsured because being so can cost you more money in the long run.
5. Examine Your Commercial Insurance Policies- If you are a business owner, you also need to make sure that you have the appropriate insurance coverage for all associates as well as your locations. Have you added any new employees, added locations or changed something about your business? We highly recommend you sit down with your risk consultant and review all of your commercial coverage so that you can anticipate or minimize any risks going into 2023.
We understand you and your business and what keeps you up at night. We use our power to mitigate risk so you can have peace of mind now and in the new year. We invite you to schedule a policy review with your Prewitt Group consultant so that you can feel at ease as we kick off 2023.