The Prewitt Group offers personal coverages for the people and assets closest to you and understands there might be questions about policies you might need answered. Below are a few FAQs that were answered by Risk Consultant, Ray Greer, from our team.
How do I know how much coverage I need?
- The amount of insurance needed for everyone is different. The best practice is to periodically sit down with your agent and discuss.
What is an umbrella policy?
- An umbrella policy is designed to protect against catastrophic losses that are liability related.
Who can I call about my policy or a claim after hours or on the weekend?
- You can call your agent any time day/night whenever you have a claim. The Prewitt Group is available to respond to any questions, concerns or claims whenever you need us most.
Where is the best place to store documents like policies?
- A safety deposit box or fire safe can be used to store important documents such as your insurance policy.
Do credit scores impact premiums?
- An individual’s credit score is one component of several items used in an analysis that determines a person’s premium. So, a good or great credit score helps!
Is a home-based business covered under my homeowner’s policy?
- Most homeowners’ policies provide limited protection for many home-based businesses due to several property and liability exclusions/limitations. It typically is better for the business owner to have a separate business owner’s policy to adequately cover their business.
Since 1974, The Prewitt Group’s mission has been to expertly handle all your insurance needs whether personal or professional with the utmost attention to detail and comprehensive protection from anticipated risk. We strive to protect our clients from danger, risk and unpleasant experiences. That’s “The Power to Mitigate Risk.”
We offer various commercial, personal and life and health coverages to fit your unique needs. Contact a consultant at The Prewitt Group today if we can answer questions that might help us begin the process to cover the assets and people you value most.